When we are shearing the rabbit, the scissors must be close to the skin of the rabbit, and the rabbit hair cannot be lifted up for cutting. Otherwise, the skin of rabbits will be injured, especially in some areas where the skin is not smooth. It is also necessary to prevent scissors from cutting the skin of hairy rabbits and causing injuries. Then we should pay attention not to cut hair twice, which means that if the stubble is relatively high after cutting, it can not be cut again. Avoid the decline of rabbit hair quality caused by short hair, which affects the normal shearing of rabbit hair for the second time.
Notes on shearing
(1) Do not lift the rabbit hair to make the skin protrude. Because the rabbit's skin is very soft, it is easy to cut the skin if lifted.
(2) When shearing, the skin should be tight and cut close to the skin without cutting two hairs. The stubble left should be as neat as possible.
(3) In case of rabbit hair with felts, cut the felts vertically into strips, and then cut them from the base along the skin.
(4) When cutting the abdominal hair, you should first pull out a circle of hair from the nipple and then cut it, so that the nipple is obviously exposed to prevent cutting the nipple. When shearing male rabbit hair, be careful not to hurt organs on the inner thigh. When shearing the hair of pregnant rabbits, pay attention not to cut the hair on the abdomen, for the purpose of pulling hair and nesting. Do not cut the female rabbit 5 days before delivery.
(5) If you cut the skin carelessly, you should smear iodine tincture and anti-inflammatory powder in time to prevent infection.
(6) Don't cut the wool at one time in winter to prevent cold. After shearing, prevent cold wind and keep warm.
(7) After shearing, sufficient nutrition and water shall be supplemented in time.
Then we should pay attention to the control of the environment when shearing, which should be carried out in sunny days when there is no wind. If you are cutting in winter, you must do a good job of cold insulation after cutting.
Hay shall be added in the rabbit cage to prevent the long haired rabbits from catching cold due to low temperature. When cutting the hair on the belly of the hairy rabbit, pay attention to prevent the nipple and scrotum from being damaged. For the female rabbit that is about to give birth, stop shearing the chest hair and belly hair. Then, those long haired rabbits suffering from infectious diseases should be sheared separately, and the shearing tools should also be used separately to avoid spreading diseases. Follow us , learn more!